Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Short, Sweet and Skinny on Sydney

(Opera House just after sunset: Michael Lowe)

Sydney was a whirlwind. To be honest, it was just nice being able to hang out with people my age and not have a to-the-second itinerary. However, staying in a hostel (and probably one of the worst hostels I’ve stayed in) wasn’t easy after the royal treatment, but I got used to it.

To me, Sydney was too touristy and too busy for my liking. It reminded me of Los Angeles – some place I wouldn’t live or visit if it wasn't for my friends. It’s a city always on the go and, because of that, friends are a must. You just can’t come home from a long day and be by yourself every night – same with LA.

Although a Taiko-infused version of Pericles at the Opera House, a great trip and long hike through the Blue Mountains (a must one-day tripper) and a lot of fun hanging out with Jordan and her friends made Sydney what it was, I left shortly after Jordan did. Here are some photos of the short stint in the City.

(Bondi Beach, just steps from my hostel at dawn: Michael Lowe)

(The first lookout point from the Blue Mountain trail: Michael Lowe)

(Jordan and I along the trail in the Blue Mountains: Michael Lowe)

(A beautiful shaded pool in the Blue Mountains: Michael Lowe)

(Water cascades down the side of the Blue Mountains: Michael Lowe)
(Posterboy (or girls) of the Blue Mountains, the Three Sisters rock: Michael Lowe)

(Taken on my last night in Sydney, once again, the Opera House and the Harbor: Michael Lowe)

No comments:

Post a Comment