Thursday, August 20, 2009

Afar


Earlier today one of my friends was asking me what I was doing in the future. It's a question I often ask myself and something I think about more often than not. In the last couple of months I have really had a chance to solidify what it is I want to do. It probably won't be lucrative right away, it may not even be lucrative in the long run, but it's something that I get excited about.

Despite worldwide depression and an even greater depression in the publishing industry, a travel magazine called Afar has been launched. In the last months, magazines are struggling to stay alive, yet here, a magazine is counterintuitively going against the grain and making its origins.
This is the kind of stuff that excites me. It's an overwhelming urge to express experiences and share the world, the cultures, the people. This video explains how the magazine came about and why I get excited every time I think about the publishing industry.


No comments:

Post a Comment